Résultats financiers :
- Le chiffre d’affaires est de 88,8 millions de dollars au 2ème trimestre 2015, comparés aux 80,8 millions de dollars lors du 2ème trimestre 2014, soit une augmentation de 19%, à taux de change constants (9% à taux de change réel).
Le mot de Phil Pead, Président et CEO de Progress Software
« La dynamique positive de notre année fiscale 2015 se confirme avec des performantes fortes au deuxième trimestre alors que nous poursuivons l’implémentation de notre stratégie. Toutes nos divisions métier ont enregistré des résultats solides, grâce au lancement de plusieurs nouvelles versions technologies au cours du trimestre. »
À propos de Progress Software Corporation
Progress Software Corporation (NASDAQ : PRGS) simplifie le développement, le déploiement et la gestion des applications métiers sur site ou en environnement Cloud, sur tout type de plateforme et de périphérique, en minimisant la complexité et le TCO (coût total de possession). Pour contacter Progress, rendez-vous sur le site www.progress.com.
Suivez Progress Software sur Twitter @ProgressSW_FR
Hotwire pour Progress
Marion Larivière / Marion Delmas
01 43 12 55 64 / 62
Progress Software Reports 2015 Fiscal Second Quarter Results
BEDFORD, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Progress Software Corporation (NASDAQ: PRGS), a global software company that simplifies and enables the development, deployment and management of business applications, today announced results for its fiscal second quarter ended May 31, 2015.
Revenue in the quarter was $88.8 million compared to $80.8 million in the same quarter last year, a year over year increase of 10% on an actual currency basis and 19% on a constant currency basis. On a non-GAAP basis, revenue was $100.9 million compared to $80.8 million in the same quarter last year.
Additional financial highlights included:
On a GAAP basis in the fiscal second quarter of 2015:
- Revenue was $88.8 million compared to $80.8 million in the same quarter in fiscal year 2014;
- Loss from operations was $2.7 million compared to income from operations of $20.3 million in the same quarter last year;
- Net income was $5.8 million compared to $12.8 million in the same quarter last year; and
- Diluted earnings per share was $0.11 compared to $0.25 in the same quarter last year.
On a non-GAAP basis in the fiscal second quarter of 2015:
- Revenue was $100.9 million compared to $80.8 million in the same quarter last year;
- Income from operations was $27.8 million compared to $28.4 million in the same quarter last year;
- Operating margin was 28% compared to 35% in the same quarter last year;
- Net income was $18.1 million compared to $19.2 million in the same quarter last year;
- Diluted earnings per share was $0.35 compared to $0.37 in the same quarter last year; and
- Free cash flow was $17.6 million compared to $15.6 million in the same quarter last year.
"Our FY15 momentum continues with a strong performance in Q2 as we continue to execute on our strategy," said Phil Pead, President and CEO of Progress Software. "All business units contributed solid results with some key technology releases during the quarter."
Other fiscal second quarter 2015 metrics and recent results included:
- Cash, cash equivalents and short-term investments were $199.1 million;
- Cash flows from operations were $20.8 million compared to $17.1 million in the same quarter in fiscal year 2014;
- DSO was 50 days, compared to 56 days in the fiscal first quarter of 2015; and
- Under the previously announced authorization by the Board of Directors to repurchase up to $100 million of shares of common stock, Progress repurchased 1.0 million shares for $25.0 million during the fiscal second quarter of 2015, with $14.5 million remaining under the current authorization.
Progress Software's fiscal 2015 financial guidance includes the impact of the significant strengthening of the US dollar that began in late 2014 and is based on current exchange rates. The negative currency translation impact on Progress Software's 2015 business outlook compared to 2014 exchange rates is $25 - $26 million on non-GAAP revenue and $0.13 - $0.14 on non-GAAP earnings per share. To the extent that there are further changes in exchange rates versus the current environment, this may have an additional impact on Progress Software's business outlook.
Progress Software provides the following revised guidance for the fiscal year ending November 30, 2015:
- Non-GAAP revenue is expected to be between $415 million and $425 million (unchanged);
- Non-GAAP earnings per share is expected to be between $1.45 and $1.52 (previously $1.35 and $1.45);
- Non-GAAP operating margin is expected to be approximately 28% (previously approximately 27%);
- Free cash flow is expected to be between $92 million and $95 million (previously $90 million and $93 million); and
- Non-GAAP effective tax rate is expected to be approximately 33% (previously between 33% and 34%).
Progress Software provides the following guidance for the fiscal third quarter ending August 31, 2015:
- Non-GAAP revenue is expected to be between $101 million and $104 million; and
- Non-GAAP earnings per share is expected to be between $0.35 and $0.38.
The Progress Software quarterly investor conference call to review its fiscal second quarter of 2015 will be broadcast live at 5:00 p.m. ET on Wednesday, July 1, 2015 and can be accessed on the investor relations section of the company's website, located at www.progress.com. Additionally, you can listen to the call by telephone by dialing 1-888-427-9411, pass code 6889835. The conference call will include brief comments followed by questions and answers. An archived version of the conference call and supporting materials will be available on the Progress Software website within the investor relations section after the live conference call.
Legal Notice Regarding Non-GAAP Financial Information
Progress Software provides non-GAAP financial information as additional information for investors. These non-GAAP measures are not in accordance with, or an alternative to, generally accepted accounting principles in the United States (GAAP). Progress Software believes that the non-GAAP results described in this release are useful for an understanding of its ongoing operations and provide additional detail and an alternative method of assessing its operating results. Management uses these non-GAAP results to compare the company's performance to that of prior periods for analysis of trends and for budget and planning purposes. A reconciliation of non-GAAP adjustments to the company's GAAP financial results is included in the tables below. Additional information regarding the company's non-GAAP financial information is contained in the company's Current Report on Form 8-K furnished to the Securities and Exchange Commission in connection with this press release, which is available on the Progress website at www.progress.com within the investor relations section.
Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This press release contains statements that are "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. Progress has identified some of these forward-looking statements with words like "believe," "may," "could," "would," "might," "should,""expect," "intend," "plan," "target," "anticipate" and "continue," the negative of these words, other terms of similar meaning or the use of future dates.
Forward-looking statements in this press release include, but are not limited to, statements regarding Progress's business outlook and financial guidance. There are a number of factors that could cause actual results or future events to differ materially from those anticipated by the forward-looking statements, including, without limitation:
(1) Market acceptance of Progress's strategy and product development initiatives; (2) pricing pressures and the competitive
environment in the software industry and Platform-as-a-Service market; (3) Progress's ability to successfully manage transitions to new business models and markets, including an increased emphasis on a cloud and subscription strategy; (4) uncertainties relating to Progress' acquisition of Telerik, including whether Progress will be able to realize expected benefits and anticipated synergies of the acquisition and whether Telerik's business will be successfully integrated with Progress Software's business; (5) Progress's ability to make acquisitions and to realize the expected benefits and anticipated synergies from such acquisitions; (6) the continuing uncertainty in the U.S. and international economies, which could result in fewer sales of Progress's products and may otherwise harm Progress's business; (7) business and consumer use of the Internet and the continuing adoption of Cloud technologies; (8) the receipt and shipment of new orders; (9) Progress's ability to expand its relationships with channel partners and to manage the interaction of channel partners with its direct sales force; (10) the timely release of enhancements to Progress's products and customer acceptance of new products; (11) the positioning of Progress's products in its existing and new markets; (12) variations in the demand for professional services and technical support; (13) Progress's ability to penetrate international markets and manage its international operations; and (14) changes in exchange rates. For further information regarding risks and uncertainties associated with Progress's business, please refer to Progress's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended November 30, 2014. Progress undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date of this press release.
Progress Software Corporation
Progress Software Corporation (NASDAQ: PRGS) is a global software company that simplifies the development, deployment and management of business applications on-premise or in the cloud, on any platform or device, to any data source, with enhanced performance, minimal IT complexity and low total cost of ownership. Progress Software can be reached at www.progress.com or 1-781-280-4000.